The Symposium Mammographicum Award
The Trustees of Symposium Mammographicum are pleased to announce that they can offer Awards of up to £2,500 each year for radiologists, radiographers or other members of the diagnostic breast team for either:
- A: an Educational Award – to take up a secondment at a recognised Centre in the UK or overseas to study a particular aspect of breast imaging practice
- B: a Research Award – to undertake a small research Project in breast imaging.
The aim of the Awards is to support work which will contribute to the improvement in the practice of breast imaging in the UK.
- Radiologists should hold the FRCR; they may hold a training or consultant post but must be actively involved in breast imaging and/or the diagnostics of breast disease.
- All others must be working in breast imaging for at least 50% of their post.
- Only education and research related to breast imaging are eligible.
- Clinical Attachments would usually be in ‘shadow’ form and observational only, unless applicants are already registered with the General Medical Council
Completed Application Forms and supporting documents should be sent by email or post to:
The Secretary Symposium Mammographicum 34 Hampden Way, London, N14 5DX
Tel: 020 8361 7066 / Mob 07709 714669
Please address all enquiries to the Secretary
Value of the Award
The award scheme has been running now for several years which has helped clinicians from around the UK to further their professional careers as well as spread best practice and clinical approach in this specialised field. Click here to read their stories.