With four packed days of online CPD and education, delegate also needed some time to unwind during Symposium Mammographicum so we planned some exciting social elements to help them energise before a busy day or unwind at the end, as well as more opportunities to come together as a community at a time when we couldn’t meet physically. You can watch a recording of the Ruby Anniversary social event or play the yoga classes again if you register for on-demand access.
Join us at 19:00 on Sunday 7 February to virtually celebrate our Ruby Anniversary! Try your mixology skills by making the Ruby cocktail or mocktail (recipes below) or bring along a ruby red wine, pink prosecco or drink of your choice. Professor Sir Mike Richards will lead us in a toast, followed by Andy Cope – the ‘Dr of Happiness’ is back by popular demand to talk to us about how to stay happy and motivated in these turbulent times. Finally, we’ll finish with a musical performance from Natasha Agarwal, a vocalist trained at the Royal Academy of Music. You don’t want to miss it!
We’ll be running online yoga sessions – join us for calming evening sessions to stretch out those aches and pains and unwind, and morning sessions to wake up and energise. These are designed for everyone and all you need is a mat or a towel and comfortable clothing. Joining instructions will be emailed to delegates the day before each session.
18:15, Monday 8 February – calming yoga.
08:00, Tuesday 9 February – energising yoga.
18:15, Tuesday 9 February – calming yoga.
08:00, Wednesday 10 February – energising yoga.
20ml St-Germain elderflower liqueur
20ml freshly squeezed ruby red grapefruit juice
20ml freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 tbsp egg white
Garnish: grapefruit twist
1. Add all ingredients into a cocktail shaker and dry-shake (without ice).
2. Add ice and shake again until well-chilled.
3. Strain into a chilled coupe glass.
4. Express a grapefruit twist over the top and discard (Express: squeeze the rind and wipe round the edge of the rim).
Ruby red grapefruit mocktail
A few drops of grenadine
A few ice cubes
175 ml ruby red grapefruit juice
2 teaspoon lime juice
75ml cup soda water (or lemonade)
Lime slice and paper/metal straw, to serve
1. Place a few drops of grenadine in the bottom of the glass and top with ice cubes.
2. Gently pour in the grapefruit juice, followed by the lime juice and soda water or lemonade. The slower you pour the more defined the layers will be, to create a ripple effect.
3. Garnish with slice of lime and serve with a straw.